Scopes are logical partitions within a Cluster and there can be multiple scopes within a cluster. Scopes can be defined on Access Levels, a user can have access to zero, some or all of the scopes as per the requirement. For example, A user group of administrators can have access to all the scopes in the enterprise. This section helps you to add and update the status for scopes.
How to add Scopes?
- Navigate to Administration Panel > Mission Control, the following screen will be displayed.
- Mission control Panel displays the following parameters.
|Cluster Name||Displays name of the Cluster|
|Alerts||Displays the Count of Notable events as per severity level|
|Cases||Displays count of the cases including Open Unassigned, Open Assigned, and Closed Cases|
|Signals||Displays percentage of signals raised on the basis of scope for last 24 hours|
|EPS||Displays trend of the incoming EPS for last 5 minutes|
|Storage||Displays the percentage of storage used by the cluster|
|Used to download logs, click on the vertical ellipses displayed on the extreme right against each Cluster.|
|Stream Settings||Configure stream settings for the Cluster, click on the vertical ellipses displayed on the extreme right against each Cluster.
|Audit Trail||Audit trail monitors and logs cluster activity, click on the vertical ellipses displayed on the extreme right against each Cluster. You can download the Cluster audit trail in CSV format.|
- Click the cluster name to view a particular cluster, following details will be displayed.
Manage Scopes: This section displays the list of scopes in the selected Cluster along with details of EPS, Raw volume and Size on disk for each scope, click a particular scope to go to that scope.
- To add a Scope, click plus icon on the top right corner of the screen. The following Add new Scope screen is displayed.
- Enter the scope name and click Save , to save the scope. All the added scopes will be listed under roles in the Manage Users section. Scopes can be enabled or disabled as per requirement.
You can configure stream settings for a particular Scope, click on the vertical ellipses displayed on the extreme right against each Scope.
- Cluster: Name of the Cluster
- Scope: Name of the Scope
- Retention: Enter the retention period. By default, the retention period is 90 days.
- Replication: Enter the replication factor. By default, the replication factor is 1.